You can use the Garmin Express ™ application to download and install the latest maps and software updates for your device.
- If you don’t have the Garmin.com/express programme installed on your device, go to garmin.com/express and follow the on-screen instructions to instal it…
- Open the Garmin Express application.
- Connect your device to your computer using the mini-USB cable. The smaller end of the cable connects to the mini-USB port on your Garmin Drive ™ device, and the larger end connects to the USB port available on your computer.
- In the Garmin Express application, click Add Device .
Application www.Garmin.com/Express searches for the device and shows the name and serial number of the device.
- Click Add Device and follow the onscreen instructions to add your device to the Garmin Express application.
Once setup is complete, the Garmin Express application will display the updates available on your device.
- Select an option from the following:
To instal all available updates, press Install All .
To install a specific update, click View Details, then click Install next to the required update .
- The Garmin Express application downloads and installs updates on your device. Map updates are very large and this process can take a long time if your internet connection is slow.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update installation during the update process.
For instance, the Garmin Express application can instruct you to disconnect and reconnect your device during the update phase.